Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Growing and Fixing

This past weekend I got a wild hair that said I was sick of having this piece of crap on my deck.


So I begged and pleaded and bargained with my husband......

to please fix this thing so it is useful again and doesn't end up at the scrap yard.

Isn't it pretty??


By the way dear readers...I haven't forgotten the story I promised. I am still working on how I want to write it. It will come, I really could use some quiet time around here to think and write. That may never happen.

Yesterday was my oldest child's birthday. 18. Can you even believe that? I certainly can't. It seems like yesterday I was missing out on one of my favorite movies (The Best Little Whore House In Texas) to take my sister to my aunt's so Mom and I could go to the hospital. It seems like yesterday I walked and walked and walked so labor would go faster. It seems like yesterday I squatted on all 4's trying to get that little man to turn so he could come out face down and stop making me have back labor. It seems like yesterday the doctor declared it was a boy and I declared "It's my Shawnie". Seems like yesterday the nurse swore I gave birth to a future line backer. (He is 5' 3" and weighs 120 now) It seems like just yesterday my life became so incredibly complicated and so full of joy at the same time. Seems just like yesterday I was a teenaged Mom. How did I become 34? How did he become and adult? Happy Birthday to my bullrider who has never been on a bull.

7 comments:

Anonymous August 6, 2009 at 6:48 AM  

I'm 44 and I ask myself the same question. How did I become 44? But then I don't have the 18 year old to really mark the passage of time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him.~Mary

Anonymous August 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

I'll be a year old in 2 weeks.
I am trying not to think about it.
Thanks for the reminder.

p.s. You are young :o)

Anonymous August 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Yay!! The swing is like a work of art!! How enjoyable I'll bet it is!

Joanie August 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Happy Birthday Shawn!

Joan August 6, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

You bargained with your husband! Oh dear! You haven't trained him right my dear (smile).

Unknown August 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

The swing looks wonderful! I can't believe you have an 18 year old, blows my mind.

njerzgal August 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Swing looks great! Glad Shawn got it fixed up for you.
Youre still a young chick...:)

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP