Friday, September 25, 2009

Blue Turtles and Good Luck

I'm a shopper. No secret that I love me some retail therapy.
Last week at the local Barn Boutique I fell in love with a beautiful hall tree. I wanted it. Bad. I decided for one danged time to be responsible. Stupid me. I have been thinking about this thing all week and went back today thinking if it was still there I would buy it. Totally gone :(

They did have one very similar pained gray with elephant heads for hooks. Easily fixed. The lady knocked some off the price for the work I would have to do on it. She knew
if I didn't buy it no one would. Who wants elephant hooks on their wall tree? I just have to paint it white to match my bathroom and take the hooks off and replace them. Yesterday I bought some beautiful fleur de lis hooks on sale at Michael's! Luck!

I decided on my way home from the boutique to run by the local thrift store. What I found there was the big score. The score I may be talking about for years. The score that my Mom did not understand when I called her super excited to share with her.
Last weekend Shawn and I stopped at a garage sale and I found the most beautiful shaped turtle casserole dish. The price tag was $40. No way! Pass. I however have dwelled on this dish all week thinking about how beautiful it was. Imagine my surprise of
it setting right there on the shelf at the thrift store with a price tag of $12!! 12 dollars people. From $40 to $12. It irritated me a bit that the woman wouldn't come down on the price at the garage sale but she would DONATE it to the thrift store. Anyway......
I walk up front to pay and this woman commented on how beautiful it was so I told her the $40 to $12 story then another woman and a man walked up on the conversation. Here we all are marveling at my good luck when the cashier asked the lady in front of me if she had a punch card. Ding, ding, ding. I have a punch card! A full punch card. A full punch card worth $10 off my purchase! Ca-Ching! My $40 to $12 turtle just became my $40 to $12 to $2 turtle!
That my friends was the deal of the day!! Isn't she pretty??








Sorry about the pic quality. My cam is out in the car and I didn't want to go out in the rain so I used my point and shoot. No custom white balance on that bad boy.

6 comments:

Kat September 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

SCORE!

MJenks September 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Who charges $40 for anything at a garage sale???

Michelle September 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

I know!! Especially that turtle. I mean it's cute but not that cute!

zipbagofbones September 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

It looks like it's possessed by the devil and wants to bite my face off. Pretty but mean. You're such a bargain shopper! I miss the BP thrift store somethin fierce!

Chris September 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

HI Michelle. I'm just making the rounds, letting my followers know that I've moved. This is Chris, from M-ville . . . but now I'm at www.knuckleheadhumor.com.

Hope you'll come on over!

njerzgal October 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM  

That is the coolest turtle dish I've ever seen!!
Now if you would only start using coupons with me think of how much more money you would save...:)
And that is crazy.. dont budge on $40 then give it away.
Glad you had such a good deal day!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP