Monday, January 2, 2006

My dog needs a pedicure and my boobs are okay!

This adorable little mutt caused me a panic attack and an allergy attack last night!! Shawn and I are finishing our basement which means everything from two rooms down there is crammed into one room. The one room being the laundry room. I heard my little man whimper then yelp. He never does either. He was frantically trying to get out from under the debris all over the laundry room but wasn't able to move because his back legs no longer worked. Now Shawn has had this old man since before we got together and the dog liking me was the ultimate test before Shawn could get serious with me. Let's just say I am very attached to the old guy. I immediately dropped everything in my hands which included a paint brush full of stain onto our newly installed hard wood floor and ran over to see what was up. My first thought was holy shit something fell on him and either both of his back legs are broken or his back is broken. That prompted me to scream in panic for Shawn to hurry because something was seriously wrong with Deeogee. Shawn came running, took one look and said "oh f#&k, oh f#&k!" which prompted me to tears. After a careful look he assessed that he had the claws from both back paws and a front paw wrapped up in grid like piece of metal from one of the kids shelves. I ran for the clippers while Shawn tried to hold Deeogee still. No such luck. He wouldn't hold still and I couldn't find the dog clippers. He yells forget it get the tin snips out of the garage. This is where my blondness comes in. I yell back that he can't cut the dogs nails with tin snips because he would cut to deep and make him bleed. I almost had that out when it occurred to me that he could cut the shelf. Duh!! Deeogee was in a full blown panic by time I got back. He was trying to bite at Shawn while he was trying to free him, which is so uncharacteristic of him. All I could think is our poor old guy was going to have a heart attack and die before Shawn could free him, so I did what I knew would calm him. Even though it caused me a major allergy attack. I started cooing to him and rubbing my face on his. It took 10 minutes from start to finish to free him but my face itched for hours. Oh well my baby is safe and sound. After he was rescued he promptly ran for his spot on the couch and could only be coaxed down with a bribe of fresh turkey in gravy that I made for dinner yesterday. After his snack he went back to the couch and looked and me like he wanted to know where the heck his blankie was. I covered him up and he stayed on the couch all night watching the action in the living room. He still hasn't been back down stairs.

I went to the doctor today to have my left breast checked out. I was having a greenish colored discharge from my nipple. Thank god it is nothing! I have a major sinus infection that is infecting my entire body. She scheduled an ultra sound just to be safe but is confident that when I am done with my antibiotic the green will be yellow again lol. Here's hoping she is right.

Skylee needs her kindergarten shots as well so she got them today. 5 shots into her tiny little legs. Poor baby, her legs are so stiff and sore. I gave her a bath earlier and some pain medicine. She is now sleeping on the couch between me and the dog. I hope she feels better tomorrow. Shots are a hated thing.

Saturday was a really hard day for me. It was my last night at work with my current co-workers and management. I really hope I am hired back at the end of the month along with everyone else and we can all be a crew again.  Shawn came and picked me up from work, the bartender forgot to ring up all of our drinks that night so there is no way I could have drove. We went over to some friends of his for a poker party. It was awesome!!! Shawn won $120 and I won $15 lol. I am becoming a poker addict. I can't wait until the end of January. Shawn plays in the state poker tournie so I will hit a few tables of my own lol.

Anyway that is about it. I am surprised by the new readers. I don't know how you found me but I am happy you did. Leave me a link so I can check out your journal. I am also a blog addict!!

I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous '06!!

1 comments:

Anonymous January 3, 2006 at 10:45 AM  

Oh I'm so glad you got the doggie free!  Awwww, poor baby!  Sorry to hear about the shots for wee one and the sinus infection.  Hope you feel better soon!!  I hope you get the job back.  I am so tired of my cleaning company but thankful that it is putting food on the table and keeping a roof overhead.  Hugs,
Lisa

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP