Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Baking cookies

As I set here typing Ed (14 yo) is helping his 2 little sisters bake cookies in their new Easy Bake oven. How sweet? I remember my older brothers doting on me and doing so many wonderful things like that with me. It makes me really happy that maybe my kids will all have the same bond when they are older that I do with my siblings now.

The holidays have been wonderful so far. Christmas Eve Shawn and I went to the grocery store together. Sometimes the smallest things done together are the best. We picked up all the fixings for Christmas dinner. When we got home our Christmas present had been delivered by fed-ex. We took out a second mortgage and the check had arrived. Yay!

Later that afternoon we met our neighbors for church. I am more of a go to church out of obligation than enjoyment kind of person. Surprisingly I really enjoyed the service. The speaker was phenomenal and I was sad when it ended. I looked over at Holly and she was in tears. He really was good. We came home for some dinner and then headed across the street for some wine.

Hannah and their daughter Keely who i'm sure I have mentioned here before are best friends so the girls exchanged presents. I was surprised when Holly handed me a bag and said she had something for me. I protested about how she shouldn't have, she goes onto say how helpful I was when Talon was born and how thankful she is I watch Keely on Fridays for her and what a good friend I am to her. Which all brought me to tears, moments after I was teasing her about being such a big baby and crying at church. I have no idea how we ended up with such good neighbors but I am glad we did.

I read all of our kids the night before Christmas and then we headed home to open our one present before getting into pajamas and tucked into bed. The kids went to bed so easily after we checked NORAD and saw that Santa was just above us in Canada!! Santa had came and went before 11!!

Christmas day we were up early, very early. The girls squealed with delight after opening every present and Matthew hugged me a million times. Everyone had received what they had asked Santa for and mom and dad didn't do so bad either.

Shawn's little sister Tina came over for Christmas dinner and played with the kids and there new toys. I had to retire for a nap. We ended the day with our traditional drive around town to look at Christmas lights.

It was different to be home this year without a gaggle of family around but it was very nice. Although Shawn won't admit it, he was really happy to have his baby sis here. We also got the news that his brother whom has been missing for at least 4 years was located and is at least alive. We have no additional information and no one plans on contacting him. It's just nice to hear that he is alive!

3 comments:

Anonymous December 29, 2005 at 3:18 PM  

Hi!

Just popped over from another journal.  Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.  You have a beautiful family!

Happy New Year!
Darlene

Anonymous December 30, 2005 at 9:51 AM  

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for visiting.  I know, I know.  Resolutions are not good!  lol  Actually that's the whole point of my story.  I don't have a resolution, I have just learned how to incorporate the "good" into my life.  That's where my story will lead to.  Come back and see where I go!
:)
Darlene

Anonymous January 1, 2006 at 12:37 AM  

For some reason my alerts weren't working and I sure do love a stop by your journal.  So glad I found you again.  Wonderful news that you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a prosperous and happy new year in 2006.  I am so thankful 2005 is over!  It was a hard year for us.  Hugs,
Lisa

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP