Thursday, October 23, 2008

We got spirit yes we do, we got spirit how 'bout you? Nope not so much

When I was a young pup I lived for cheerleading (and dance but that can be its own post and is quite irrelevant for this topic). Recently my family and I attended our towns Homecoming game. Immediately I looked for the cheerleaders. They are my favorite part of any game or sport from football to wrestling. I getting caught up in the memories of my own rah rahs, high kicks, pyramids and the pure rush of adrenaline. I didn't see any cheerleaders. What? How can that be? All I saw was a cheesy tiger mascot who was trying rather unsuccessfully to rally the crowd. Booo! Give me the short skirts and pony tails!

I started asking around. Does BP have a cheer squad? Nope, we haven't had one in any ones recent memory. Not for at least 10 years or so. How in the hell can that be? Does our school, our town not have any spirit? The opposing team had a whole squad of bouncing, yelling, clapping , pom pom shaking spirit makers. Ooooh I was on a mission.

It has always been my dream my daughters would become cheerleaders when they hit middle school and compete when they were in high school. No such luck unless I do something. So I plan to do something. I have been drafting a letter to the Superintendent of our schools. I plan to offer to organize, fund raise and coach our town into some team spirit.

A school with no cheer squad is like cereal with no milk, Ren with no Stimpy, cable without Tivo, peanut butter without jelly...you get the idea.

Soon I hope our town can reply HELL YES WE DO!!

2 comments:

Dornbrau October 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Hahaha! I think you have just met your calling... er... cheering! Don't count on being able to chant 'Hell Yes!', but I do believe you will have a squad of bouncing, yelling, clapping, pom pom shaking spirit makers motivating the town in no time!
Dorn~

zipbagofbones October 23, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

I can't believe BP is cheerless! And I can't believe you never noticed until now. Yes, you must take action immediately in order to ensure that your daughters will be able to join the ranks of popular, beautiful beyotches who have gone before! Just kidding, not all cheerleaders are beautiful. Rah Rah Michelle!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP