Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Disgruntled...line 2

I am seriously disgruntled with the town I live in. I hate this place. More than once I have regretted our decision to move to this back ass thinking, stuck in the past, do nothing town.

A few weeks ago the chief of police was fired. He supposedly wasn't doing his paperwork. The real reason I suspect is because he isn't from this area. This place shuns newcomers. The people who have lived here forever ask what side of town you live in. If you say the south side they back away and act like you are about to breathe the dreaded swine flu on them. If you are from the south side you live in the new houses. The houses they never wanted built. The chief that was fired lives on the south side.

We over her don't get our roads plowed very well. The roads over here resemble an ice rink. The roads on the north side are plowed down to the concrete and no one will die just trying to get to the gas station over there.
Speaking of plows, the jackass plow driver took our mail box out on Christmas Eve. Yesterday I was told that they would replace it if the plow hit it but not if the weight of the snow pushed it over. They will go out there and dig it out to see if there is a pock mark from the blade on the cement. If there isn't we are responsible. If there is we are responsible for putting a new one in and they will pay. I know for a fact there won't be a mark there and they won't replace it. Not because the plow didn't hit it but just because we live on the wrong side of town.
I would be all for selling and moving if we could get what we owe but we can't. The house across the street is listed for $65,000 less than what we paid for ours. Yep, I hate this town.

5 comments:

Kat December 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

So basically if you live on the new side of town they don't like you? That is crazy. What if you are from the N. side and find a nice house on the S. side? Do you get like a N. side Passport and a visa to live on the S. side?

Michelle December 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

They shun you!
I just had an interesting conversation at the post office about what jack asses the city government is here.

Anonymous December 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Sounds a lot like where I live. I've only lived here 5 yrs but unless you have the right last name and have lived around here all your life, it's hard to find work or get anything done. I've been working for my brother's business since I've been here..but now that it's so slow I've been laid off and trying to find other work. Not happening.
Then there's those that have lived here all their lives and get away with anything and everything.
The police departments and the judicial system work for whom they want to and don't really do what is right.

My hubby and I hope to move somewhere eventually..but we have to wait, well want to wait until my youngest graduates in 2 more years...

Lesley December 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

I think this kind of thing happens in lots of places Michelle. I lived in the Scottish Highlands for many years, but was always considered an outsider and a lowlander because I was brought up in Glasgow, in the south of Scotland. When in the company of older people, they would revert to speaking Scottish gaelic so I couldn't understand them...... probably discussing me! lol

OhCaptain December 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

This town is made up of people that aren't from here. Shunning like you describe doesn't happen for that reason. Not sure which town you live in but it does sound like it sucks.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP