Thursday, March 4, 2010

2 weeks and a question

I have been smoke free for 2 weeks!

Things I like about not smoking....

The smell of things. I can smell so many things now that I couldn't before.
Not smelling bad! My hair smells so yummy and so does my pillow.
Breathing easier.
All the extra money I don't notice I have. Seriously. How did afford cigarettes? There doesn't seem to be one extra dime in the checking account.
Did I mention the smells?

Things I miss about smoking...

My sanity. Has anyone seen my sanity?
The ability to make it through the day without tears.
Having something to do. I am so bored. What do I do with all the time I spent smoking?


My question for my readers that have quit smoking...did you fall into a crushing depression? I feel so out of sorts. Sad. Full of hate. Hopeless. Blech. This is so not me.
I don't even know if the two have anything to do with each other. The timing just seems to be there. The thing is I have no desire to smoke at all. I have very few cravings. I truly feel done and I feel happy about that so why the depression? Cabin fever? Any thoughts anyone?

4 comments:

MJenks March 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

It could be a mixture of things. You've disrupted your regular schedule, which involved cigarettes. And, well, we're at the end of the winter, which usually means that people haven't produced much happy hormones (or whatever they're called...endorphins...whatever) for a while, so it's all just sort of adding up and seemingly crushing your spirit.

Keep it up, though. Congrats on being smoke free.

My dad said the best thing about quitting was being able to taste food again.

family of 4 on the move! March 4, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Yes I totally get you! My thing is I feel like something is missing. Everyday I have this urgent feeling like I am supposed to be doing something and by the time I figure out it is smoking I am already frustrated. I also have found that I am more scatter brained right now. I go to the store and forget why I am there or I need to do something and I totally forget to do it.
Mr. M and myself have had fights as well and we never fight! That is the worst part I think but maybe it is because he quit as well. He smoked for a lot longer then I did. Actually I started smoking when I met him and he smoked. It is hard everyday and It has been a choice everyday to not smoke.

I totally agree with the smells and I was amazed at how much I didn't smell before. I finally realized why I had room freshners in my entry way and I had never really smelled it before but now I love coming in the front door because it smells so good!

You are doing great and one thing I found that works really well for me is pretzel sticks. I think my habit addiction is a hand and mouth thing so when I have a hard time or feel like I am going to break I get me a few pretzel sticks and hold it in my hand like I usually would a cigarette and just chew on them. It sounds kind of dumb but it really does help!

Michelle March 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Thanks for the advice and kind words both of you!!
I don't at all feel like I'm missing cigarettes. Just really was blind sided by the depression!

cheatymoon March 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

I will be 5 years quit this summer... I don't miss it at all. But I remember being out of sorts. It helped that I had quit in the summer because I was outside and active (and breathing while hiking). I think a lot of dark chocolate hershey's kisses got me through...

Hang in there and congratulations.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP