Wednesday, November 19, 2008

God Bless Keith Oberman

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27652443#27652443

This topic is near and dear to my heart. My little sister is gay. It doesn't make her less of a person. I doesn't make her immoral. It doesn't make her a lot of things. What it does is make her heart whole.

I adore my little sister and although I don't care what you call it (marriage, civil commitment) I believe with all my heart she has the human right to love and be committed to whomever she chooses. Just as I have the right. Californians should be ashamed. Americans should be ashamed but first and foremost the human race should be ashamed. Ashamed that instead of educating themselves they hide behind their fears and ignorance. It is time to stand up as a nation. Gay and straight and demand the human rights of everyone no matter their sexual preference.

I tried to embed the video but blogger hates me. Please. Follow the link.

3 comments:

zipbagofbones November 20, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

You said it sista! I couldn't get blogger to upload a video, either. I just went to YouTube and uploaded there, in a fraction of the time, then embedded the link. Worked like a charm!

Lisa :-] November 20, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Go here:

http://cw2smom-wearinmyheartonmysleeve.blogspot.com/2008/11/californias-proposition-8.html

and you will see what I have to say on the subject.

...And thanks for the cute little comment on "Coming to Terms...." :-]

C.S. Perry November 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Well, we all want our rights and we have to feel that we all deserve them…in some measure. But Love is what it is and no mandate from the people for laws from the state will ever change that fact. It’s a shame that some people can’t enjoy the same kind of privileges as others and it sucks pretty hard.
But it has never been the politicians who shaped the soul of this country. Oh, they may decide policy and throw away our money and do a host of things we don’t like but it’s the dreamers who fashion what it is that makes us who we are. They are the ones we should follow.
As Orwell said: “Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4. If that is granted…all else will follow.”
Patience. We’ll get there…Some day.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP