Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In Over My Head?

Day one was daunting to say the least. I almost had a panic attack on the drive home, wondering if I will make it. Apparently summer semester isn't the time to load up on classes due to the short span of time you have to learn everything.
According to my math teacher one shouldn't take her class if they are taking any others. She predicts 3 hours of homework a day. Something about getting through the whole book in 4 weeks instead of the 4 months students have during a normal semester. Well shit, I am a mathtard. I threw my pen across the room at least twice last night while trying to do 3 chapters worth of homework.
My Intro to Pro Photog instructor warned me that since I am in his class and the Ambient Lighting class I should expect to live at the school. Shit!
I never thought taking photos would be so daunting. I have 24 photos shot at ISO 200 due tomorrow and it is super cloudy here today. I need light for those photos! I also have to read 2 chapters of my photography text book and be ready to discuss by tomorrow evening, the thing is the book is so boring I am having a hard time reading it. I don't particularly care about ISO and F-stops. Yaaaawn.

Last night I whined on facebook about how I am going to get this whole school thing accomplished without flunking out and still have time to be a Mom and wife, maid and cook around here. I got a whole lot of quityourbitchin's. I wanna bitch!! Its my blog and I'll cry if I want to! I know I can do it I just don't want my kids to feel neglected, they are after all the reason I put this off for so long!
Okay, complaining over. Must go read the most boring textbook ever but hey, at least it has pictures to look at!!

9 comments:

Anonymous June 2, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

If a book bores me, I take notes..
it somehow helps me retain some of the information.

Hang in there - and bitch all you want. I agree, it's your blog..
also your kids are important and I admire that you put them first.

As it should be.

Debbi June 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

good luck, babe! You're gonna ROCK this semester, esp with the whole photography course. you've got that one in the bag!

Bobby G June 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

I shoukld go back to school, but damn..I was done...lol

Kat June 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Chin up girly.

Anonymous June 2, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Bitch all you want...it is tough to do school and be all the other too....

I worked full time...took 3 classes that added up to 11 credit hours plus all the studying and papers that had to be written up...

And summer classes...well...that is a short time..
I was lucky with my math class this summer that I get to work it for 8 weeks..and hope I get through those weeks!!! ARGH!!!!

BEW

OhCaptain June 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

You can do it! You'll love the feeling when you get all the hard work done.

Pollyanna June 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Is a tripod disallowed? You can get anything with the shutter open long enough as long as you keep it still. I had a project in photography class where you had to copy a "master". I choose Steichen because his style had an intentional blur and graininess to it.

Anywho, hang in there. You just turned your world upside down. Eventually, you and your family will get into a groove.

Unknown June 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Hang in there- you'll get through it! I had a horrible time with my summer classes but somehow managed to make it through.

zipbagofbones June 3, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

You're right, those photo text books are just as f'n boring as any other text book. But just THINK of all the DOUGH you'll make when you're done?

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP