Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thankful

As I was cleaning my house it caused me to stop and ponder just how blessed I am (yes blessed to do housework).
I am so blessed to live on such a wonderful block with the most amazing neighbors anyone has ever had. We all started out as friendly neighbors and progressed to friends, now I would call us a family.
Most of us don't have any family nearby and heavily rely on each other when times get tough. Tonight I am hosting a pumpkin carving party. This is a tradition, done every year, the people who hosted it in the past moved so now I have picked up the torch.
Saturday someone is hosting our annnual Halloween party. There was talk of dropping it this year but in the end tradition endured.
In November a Thanksgiving feast is held. Everyone is invited to join. In December I host a holiday party. Christmas Eve is spent together partaking in church service, stories for the kids, gifts and wine for the adults. In January a superbowl party is hosted. There are birthday parties thrown and no one is excluded. We buy gifts for each others kids. We spend many weekends together barbequeing in someones garage. Why the garage? Because we are hillbilly's of course. The decks are to hoity toity for our use. There are bon fires and beers and many confidences shared.
Yep, I live in the best neighborhood with the best neighbors ever.
For that I am thankful.

1 comments:

Anonymous October 26, 2006 at 4:03 PM  

Wow you really are super blessed to have such great neighbors and family!!  We have no family much around here except my sis in law and no neighbors that ever invite us to anything, but it is a new neighborhood and nothing much is established yet.  Perhaps if we decide to stay here, which I don't think we will... the log cabin is winning us over... then we could start some traditions.  Hugs,
Lisa

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP