Monday, October 2, 2006

Hodge Podge

                                  

Update on the restaurant. The owners took a much higher offer. We knew there was one in place and it could happen but it was still crushing. I had my hopes to high and I swore I wasn't going to do that. So, we keep looking. We found one (or what we thought was one) in a very up scale tourist town. We requested the financials, when we got them it turned out it was just a bar, no restaurant. Cripes! There is also one in a small town about 45 minutes from here. The problem is, it's a small town. If I wanted to take chances in a small town I would just stay here. The search continues.

Tomorrow is Skylee's 7th birthday. It seems like only yesterday my sweet little girl was my first sweet little baby girl. I would stare at her for hours in awe because I finally had a girl. I had such high hopes for her. She was going to do everything I did as a girl and everything I wasn't able to do. So far she is so much like me it is surreal. I call her mini me all the time. She is so much a mixture of who I was as a child and who I have grown to be as an adult. I am very proud of the smart little girl she is and I am still so excited about the smart young woman she will grow to be. I adore this girl. She has shaped the woman I have grown to be. I want to be a role model for her and I just hope I can do her justice.

I have been closely following the school shootings in the last week. It makes me so sad and so angry. These children are going to school as millions of children do everyday. They don't expect to be murdered trying to get an education. It pisses me off. If these sick bastards want to commit suicide then do it. Do not end the life of an innocent young child with so much potential. End your own life, leave theirs intact.

Another thing that burns my ass is the thing with the senator. Ya know, I care that these teenage boys are being targeted but it is not the big deal it is being made out to be. This kind of thing happens everyday. There are so many other things to cover in then news than what political ramifications this republican will bring to his party. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

So, I went to the renaissancefestival here in Minnesota for the first time ever. So much hype. It was pretty much a let down. It was fun but I don't care if I ever go back.

So how about them Twins? Go Twinkies! Enough said!                        

Apple season is upon us at work. Aye karumba! Busy, busy. Saturday I went in at 2, I didn't leave until 10:30. I was exhausted!! I have to do it two days in a row this coming weekend. I am not made for this anymore. Busting my ass for someone else just isn't in my blood like it used to be.

Shawn and I are participating in a charity walk this Saturday. It is for our friend Scott who was in a horrible accident a year ago in March. He is one of the lucky ones that has made a recovery. Not a full recovering but a wonderful, miraculous recovery none the less. Another one of our neighbors was in an accident in August. It doesn't look like his recovery will be nearly as miraculous. He quite frankly isn't doing well. That is where funds from organizations like this come in to play. Scott was one of the lucky ones, Chet doesn't appear to be so lucky. Please, think about donating to this worth while charity. One never knows when they could use the funds of a charity like this one. Here is the link. ActiveGiving.com Donations. Thank you all in advance!!

                                              

Peace out friends.

Michelle :)

1 comments:

Anonymous October 4, 2006 at 10:52 PM  

Good luck finding the perfect spot for the restaurant!!!  And we are in birthday season too!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP