Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fireworks Tutorial


A few people have asked how I shot the fireworks and what settings to use. Well if I gave you all the exact settings I used your shots wouldn't turn out the same as mine because the conditions you are shooting in won't be the conditions I shot in. Believe it or not it was very well lit when I took the photos but the sky appears pitch black in the background.
We also spent an hour in class discussing how to do fireworks and lightning shots. I have the understanding of why I used the settings I used. This is a quick blurb but should give you a good jump off point. Remember the smaller the aperture you use the less light that is entering the lens and set your ISO low to eliminate noise. Happy shooting!

http://www.photobird.com/learn/top5tipsfireworks.html

4 comments:

Anonymous July 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

English please.
Oh wait, I don't take pictures.. and everyone is thankful.

Now if only I'd stop singing. :o)

Bobby G July 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Well, the BULB setting works GREAT! but you need a tripod, or they will be VERY blurry!

Michelle July 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

That's #1 on that link Bobby G. I didn't even think I needed to say that part, a tripod is a duh!

claudia July 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Plus, since this is your profession, you really can't give away your trade secrets. it's part of what make YOUR photographs unique and yours. Not everyone sees it in the same way - so from your lense, you produce what's most visible from your perspective. making you totally unique and oh, so talented!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP