Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's my party......

I have so much stuff I want to do, need to do but this cold is kicking my ass and I have exactly enough energy to clean the kitchen before I have to sit down, hack my brains out and try and recover from 30 minutes of very little activity beyond standing at the sink washing dishes. (run on sentence from hell).
My Mom will be here in a few weeks and between school all summer and this cold my house is a wreck and nothing has been done. Shawn and I got the wild hair early this spring to rip the railing off our decks and redo it all which also called for re staining and repainting the entire thing. We still aren't completely done yet but done enough that I am ready to start putting the deck back together. In normal summers we spend the bulk of our time hanging out on one of the decks, not one summer evening has been spent out there yet. I don't even know where all the furniture for out there is right now. Oh and the first summer we spent in this house Shawn bought me a lovely swing for the deck. This year the material has decided to shred into a million pieces. I have a grand plan to rebuild the seat and back of the swing with wood to make it useable for years to come. Guess who has no energy to even go to the lumber yard?
I have also decided that although a month ago moving the desk and my pc down to my dungeon of a bedroom was a fabulous idea so I would have quiet to get my homework done I no longer enjoy being down there. I don't need the quiet any more but I do need my computer since my laptop decided to die. Now I want to move the desk back upstairs amongst the living. Problem is I have no idea where to put it. I gave the kid his room back that was designated as office space while he was in Wyoming. We have a huge sticky, uncomfortable leather sectional in the living room that takes up to much room so the desk won't fit in there and the absolute perfect place for the desk in the dining room is an inch to short. Ugh.
The girls have spent nearly 5 days cleaning and organizing their room so it can be painted before Grandma comes. It is that time of year for the carpets to be cleaned too. I need a personal banker people!
Can any of you see the dilemna here? Too much stuff to do and too damn sick to get any of it done.
Yep, it's my party and I am alone in the corner blubbering like a fool.

6 comments:

zipbagofbones July 28, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Why in the hell did you redo the deck rails?! You just put them up! What did you change?

Kat July 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Sorry you are feeling bad and have a crap load of things to do. I would totally help out if I lived, well, in the US.

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

That story had such a pace that it raised my own heart beat! Wow! Does all of that really have to be done? How bad would it be if none of it were done? I need to lie down for a minute....

airplane5312 July 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Hang in there. It will pass and things will work themselves out.

njerzgal July 29, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

ahhh.. you sound like me. Trying to fit too much furniture into too little space. Hope you can get the deck where you want it to be. This summer has gone by incredibly fast.
wish that cold of yours would get better!! ack

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Lots of tea and honey, it wont cure your cold but it sure will help you feel a little better.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP