Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mexican Food Recipe Help

Every year Shawn and I host the New Years Eve party for our friends. It is a blast to mesh my friends and his friends together because I have to be honest here. Most of our friends totally rock!
Last year I did a taco buffet that rocked so of course I want to do it again this year. Why mess with a good thing?
I am looking for suggestions on what to serve. So far I have hamburger and chicken tacos, 7 layer dip, cream cheese and salsa dip, homemade salsa with chips, and sopapilla's for dessert. Cat has volunteered to bring the guacamole. Yummy!
Internet, I need some more suggestions. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Julie December 28, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

I make an enchilada casserole that is very easy and yummy...it's just a layer of tostada shells, a layer of chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, bell peppers, olives, cover the layer with enchilada sauce, and repeat so you have three or four layers, depending on how deep your casserole dish is. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for half an hour or 45 minutes, until it's bubbly and browned. Messy to make but tastes great.

zipbagofbones December 29, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Enchiladas sound killer! Hmmm what to bring, what to bring...I could bring a bean, rice and cheese deal...that might be yummy, or some home made spicy pinto beans?

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

I have no ideas.
It sounds to me like you got it all covered.

Hope your party is a smash!

zipbagofbones December 29, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Hey lady, I bought dry black beans at the store tonight...do you want me to make them?

Wide Lawns December 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

How about the zippy dip I posted last week?

Husband is a big fan of carne asada, grilled and then sliced up to pile on tortillas.

Myself, I like the cheese. You could just give me a bowl of melted cheese and some chips and I'm in Heaven.

I also really like taco salad.

Shininggoober December 29, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

You're having queso blanco of course?...

Michelle December 30, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Hmmm queso blanco. Now I must google the recipe. I'm not sure I know what that is!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP