Monday, May 4, 2009

New, New, New!!


This morning I headed to the local Best Buy. By local I mean almost 40 minutes away from my house. Oh the joys of living in the middle of nowhere. I was on a mission to buy my new camera. Thank goodness I scored!! I bought a Sony Alpha 350. I am in love! Well love with a few exceptions. Never believe a guy who works at BB. He told me the lens that came with the camera would be fine for macro work. I stressed to him how important a macro lens was to me. I explained that the majority of my photos are of flowers and such. No problem he says. The lens that is included will work fine. Dirty liar. I can't get closer than 3 feet to a flower before the subject blurs out and the camera won't take the photo. I would have spent the money on the lens. Jeez. He also told me my memory stick duo would work. He just forgot to tell me I needed an adapter so I had to drive 30 miles to another town to buy a memory card. Yeah I hate living in the middle of nowhere.
I did get a chance to play a bit and take some photos. Mostly of the dog. She likes to pose. I would post those pictures but after running around all day and spending hours trying to figure out how to work the camera I am a bit tired of messing with it and don't have the want to download the pictures off the camera.
Since I am a loser with no life I spent hours online Saturday night building a new computer on Dell.com. Yesterday I ordered it. Why does it take a whole month to build a computer and ship it?? Sooooo annoying. I want my toys now!!
All this money I'm spending better be worth it. I am going to have to kill myself to make good grades and still function as a wife and Mom. I'm sure I can do it but it will be tough at first. Wish me luck!!
PS. The rose was part of Erin's bouquet. I took 50 some pictures of just the bouquet. About 3 are worth sharing lol.

4 comments:

Bobby G May 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

Canon or nikon only! I don't want my camera co making anything but cameras.

Kat May 5, 2009 at 5:06 AM  

I always take about 100 photos and only have 3 that are any good.

Anonymous May 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

My brother-in-law works at Best Buy.
I hear a lot of flack about them, but he's never steered us wrong.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience - especially given that you live so far out.

Love the photo of the flower.

Hope you love your Dell.

I built myself a Dell Laptop on line probably 5 years ago and it's still running strong!

Score.

zipbagofbones May 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

I can't wait to see the new toys. YAY for SCHOOL

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter
    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP