Monday, February 2, 2009

The Babies of the World Better Watch Themselves

I am so mad I could punch a baby. Okay not really but I am pissed.

This started yesterday afternoon. We were given a sleep number bed by our friends whose renter left it behind when he moved out. We got the bed yesterday, sat it all up which took like forever. Plugged in the pump and nothing. I called our local store. Turns out we are missing the wireless remote. Not biggie, just call tomorrow and order one from the company.
This morning I called and waited on hold forever only to find out they don't make remotes compatible with our pump anymore so we have to order a new pump and remote at the cost of $450. I don't fucking think so. Now, I have to decided if it is worth it to continue to look around and see if I can find a cheaper pump. I already checked Craig's List and EBay.

Friday the plumber called to discuss the work they did at my Dad's house last week and to let me know they had one more day of work to go. They would be there today. I told him that would be perfect since the electrician comes tomorrow and he needed to be done and out of the plumbers way. I stopped this morning to unlock the door so they could get in. Shawn and I ran over a bit ago to check on the progress. Nothing. No one had been there yet. Fuckers.
I called the plumber. We can't get there today. The earliest opening we have is Wednesday. Huh? Okay buddy you will have to wait to get paid then because the electrician starts tomorrow and doesn't want you under foot. I'll call you when he is done.

Checked the mail for the remaining W-2's I need to file our taxes. One is there, one is missing. No biggie, I'll call the company and get their federal ID and State ID numbers. No dice. They can't give them to me. Huh? I have always received them from other companies when I have needed them. This jack ass will not budge. I just spent the last hour trying to get a live person at the IRS to ask how I can get the number and to let them know this jack ass company hasn't sent the forms out yet. Once again. No dice. Trying to get a live person at the IRS is a herculean task. Same goes for every Minnesota state IRS office. No one provides live support. Fuck. So I planned on just putting in what I could off the one W-2 I received today and plug in my stock information. The world is conspiring against me today. Turbo Tax online is down. Lord have mercy.

I had planned to check my bank account and see if my child support is in there. It is due today and all but I would hate to have to call the sperm donor and freak out on him for not paying it so I won't even bother to check.

Have a drink on me if you made it to the end. It's only noon people.

* Disclaimer*
Hold the hate mail. I would never actually punch a baby. I might bite it's toes off and come dangerously close to nibbling an ear clean off but I would never punch one.

8 comments:

ChurchPunkMom February 2, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Thanks for the drink. ;)
I could use one almost as much as you!

Irish Gumbo February 2, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

Noon? (hic) I shtarted (hic) 'bout yesternight (hic) wase, wade, (hic) is t'day (hic) MONDAY? (hic) phhhhuuuuucccck (hic) meeeee (hic)!

(thunk)

Sorry you are having such a bad day. :(

zipbagofbones February 2, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Good grief, what's with that company withholding their tax numbers? Hmmm. Do what I do - call and request a copy of their W9 for our vendor file. Except...that won't work without a fax machine. Hang in there, the other one should be here soon!

cheatymoon February 2, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Sorry you are having such a crappy day.

Julie February 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

ouch. I hate days like that.

I don't have to look around for a baby to punch, though...my dog Mojo is huge and muscley and loves it when we pat him really really hard. So when I am cranky I find Mojo, give him a couple of wallops. He loves it when I take my stress out on him. (When I say hard, though, I mean hard compared to other dogs. Mojo was abused before we got him, so we are very careful about treat him.))

Joanie February 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Get the numbers off last year's W-2 forms, unless that is from a new job.

Casey February 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

I'm pretty sure my son did something today that would warrant a good punching. I can't do it, of course but you can have a go at it.

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Hate mail? Would never dream of it, though I do have the antibabypunchers coming over to picket on your lawn.....
~Mary

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP