Monday, February 23, 2009

Bad Babies!


I have written about my love for the hard shelled reptiles quite a few times in this blog.
Mostly I have written about my first turtle love "Blade" and haven't mentioned these two very much.
Turts was ordered from a pet store and came to live with me that way. Fate's story is much more interesting, she was saved from being ran over and caused a traffic jam.
Since Turts was hatched in captivity he has a whole different idea about life than the little girl who was born wild.
Turts is an on the go dude. He swims and eats and acts like a crazy baby. Fate wants no part of his insanity and her instinct to hibernate is in full swing right now. Mostly all she does is lie around on her rock and let Turts do his thing. And do his thing he does. He is on top of this poor girl all the time. Thank goodness their tank isn't set up for egg lying or we would have hundreds of little baby eggs waiting to hatch. On the other hand I would love more babies.
I can't get enough of these two and spend hours every week sitting in front of their tank observing what they do. I can't wait until it warms up and they can spend a few hours a day out in the pond soaking up the sun. Maybe then I could teach them some of the cool tricks I taught Blade.

5 comments:

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

haha ha too funny!

Unknown February 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Well, you have a horny turtle for a pet. I bet your other turtle is cursing you for making her be his roommate/sex slave. That's funny!

~PakKaramu~ February 23, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Visiting you

Blog Stalker February 23, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

I never new turtles could be so.....well, you know ......active.

Learn something new every day, thats my goal. Accomplished, time for bed!

Have a great day!

zipbagofbones February 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Your turtles must be infinitely more interesting than my fish.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP