Sunday, February 15, 2009

Evil Fondue

Click to Enlarge...You have to see the colors in this one. It looks like a robins egg in reverse.


The picture on the top was taken a few days ago when I went out on my own for a few hours. I didn't take anything that really turned out very well. I need spring!
This bottom picture was taken last spring. I don't tweak my pictures but this one I have tried to mess with. I just cannot get that bright flash out of the side. So, another picture that got away.
I have to tell you all about how fondue is the devil.
Shawn decided to be a super sweet husband and make me fondue for Valentines Day. He shredded the cheese and added all the ingredients to the melting pot. Pre heated the oil to cook the meat and sharpened the knife to cut the meat. Then I hear "holy shit! That's deep" I turn around and look and there is blood running down his hand. I have to tell you all I don't do blood at all. I get squeamish and close to outright passing out. I holler down the stairs "Ed, Dad needs stitches come look at this". Ed runs up the stairs and looks, his response was "let's super glue it". He is 17. I suck it up and take a look. Shawn and I debate over whether or not stitches are actually needed. Meanwhile blood is seeping through the dish towel I have wrapped around his hand. I declare we are indeed going but first want to have my friend Janeen the nurse look it at. She isn't home but I describe the cut over the phone. She says go. We go.
There is something to be said for a small town hospital. They are quick. We walked in the door and were immediately surrounded by a doctor and 3 nurses who whisk him into a room while I answer questions and fill out paper work. Twenty minutes after arriving the doctor is suturing and telling stories. Super nice guy. Cat, he was the guy who did my heel a few summers back.
We were out the door and on the way home an hour after the incident.
I was the one who had the displeasure of making fondue. I will never again pull a random recipe of the internet. The cheese tasted like ass. The chocolate was good though and my kids polished off a pint of strawberries, a pint of raspberries and 6 bananas. Not bad.
That was my first and probably only shot at making fondue. Next time I will just grill the ribeye's and dip them in steak sauce.

6 comments:

OhCaptain February 15, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your fondue experience. That just doesn't sound like much fun.

If you want a recipe for a chocolate fondue, let me know. It's not random and we've made it several times :-)

Lesley February 15, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Superglue it! lol! :O) I hope hubby's hand heals quickly.

The photo of the leaf is amazing. That duck egg blue is the exact shade I want for my sitting-room walls! :D

Chris February 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

LMAO! Superglue it!!! I've known hubby from ages 24-34 and I've heard him say that more than once!! Men... *rolls her eyes*

cw2smom February 15, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Oh that fondue sounds good! Well, maybe not the cheese recipe, but the rest! Sorry to hear about the bloody accident, but at least you were in and out of the hospital quickly! Have a great Sunday! Lisa

cw2smom February 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

I forgot to say the photos are wonderful! Great job! That leaf reminded me that I saw something on a blog where the guy said he will just get the urge to stomp on a leaf if it looks particularly "crunchy!" I found that pretty cute! LOL! Lisa

zipbagofbones February 16, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

It's funny you mention the ER doc, because I was thinking to myself yesterday that between you and Shawn (and Ed, now that I think about it), you could keep the stitch industry in the black for years and years.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP