Monday, February 2, 2009

Standing Tall


I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to come up with pictures to post here. Minnesota is really beautiful in the winter but how many pictures of hybernating things can I share with you all before you run for the hills? I should have started this 100 picture challenge on May 1st when everything is greening up and interesting to look at. No, I had to go and choose January. Yuck! I need some inspiration! Maybe I can talk Shawn into taking me to Jamaica? No, probably not.
Saturday saw a high around 48 degress. All that did was give me a serious case of spring fever. Maybe I will pull out the portable hard drive this week and share some shots from last summer. Maybe that way I can pretend today's high isn't all of 11 degrees. Yep.
In other news. Shawn shook his head at yesterday's post and spent the whole day complaining about his aching back. Point proven. My sister ended up spending her wedding night in the ER. From what I can gather, a friend of Jessi's ran across the dance floor, jumped up and threw his legs around Jessi's waist, throwing her off balance and down she went. She ended up blowing out her ACL. She goes to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully no surgery is needed.
There ya have it. All the news that's fit to print.

3 comments:

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

What is ACL?

Sorry to hear about hubby's back and Jessi's ACL.

I like your pictures.
You could do like dooce and take pics of objects in your house.
It doesn't always have to be outdoors.

Just a thought.

I do a scrapping journal about my anger at my mom. I should post those pics - cept I don't want her to find them and get hurt. LOL

Irish Gumbo February 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

@Kate: I think that is the 'anterior cruciate ligament', if I remember correctly.

Ouch.

Michelle, that pic is beautiful. I'll share with you a quote, from an author by name of Michael Moorcock: "Man would always rather invent the miraculous, than investigate the ordinary (and discover the miraculous within)"

Investigate the ordinary, my dear. It's prettier than you think. :)

zipbagofbones February 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

This is my favorite picture so far, Chelle. Love it! I'm a tree freak, so if you want to just post 70 more days of trees like this, I'll be in heaven.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP