Friday, April 3, 2009

Fat Robin


I took my first fat robin pictures of the year yesterday. Fat robins really drive home the fact that spring is on the way. This particular fat robin was in the top of a very large tree, the zoom on my camera was all the way extended. If you enlarge the picture you will see all the buds on the tree are about to explode!


We had mommy and daddy fat robins make nests under our deck several years in a row. I always took great care to keep the kids away from the nests as to not spook the parents. Then the damn cat got out. No more fat robins. They seem to be his favorite snack. Sky did get to take a nest full of eggs in one year for show and tell due to the parents being viciously murdered by the damned cat.


I haven't seen a single fat robin in our yard this spring. They remember the murderous feline lives here. We do however have those fuckers that build their nests under the eaves of our house. They are right above our living room window and my office window. It is hilarious watching Linus slam himself into the window several times a day trying to get to the birds. He is getting a belled collar this year so the poor little rodents and birds can hear him coming.


It really is the small things in life that entertain me.

7 comments:

Bobby G April 3, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Arent all Robins fat?

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

I love birds.
and squirrels, and rabbits and the little dinky baby squirrels (can't think of what they are called) Ground squirrels? Whatever they are called, they are cute!

Karen puts food out in our back yard for all of the above and we love to just watch them come and eat.

Karen is such an animal lover, when it's too cold/windy out.
She puts their food in the shed and leaves the door open so they can go in and eat. LOL!

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Pogo!! I can't believe I didn't EVEN think of that! I have a badge album to do so that is an awesome idea!

Thanks Michelle!

Kat April 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

About 2 months before we moved to England the cat that we relocated to South Carolina got out of the house and killed a bunny. Freaked my husband right the hell out.

zipbagofbones April 3, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

remember our fat robins last year? when they dive bombed my ass? sigh - i heart fat robins. i am psyched they're back.

cheatymoon April 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

sweet photo, Michelle.

Just Roaming The Cities April 7, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Are those buds on the tree?
If the answer is yes, WOO-HOO !
We've nearly arrived!rentro

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP