Thursday, April 23, 2009

Twisted

Sometimes I really hate Minnesota, like today. I live in a new division with very few trees and very few fences. My yard is a wind tunnel of sorts. While downstairs doing laundry I heard a huge crash. I seriously thought someone was in my kitchen since all the animals were hanging out with me, begging for food. It wasn't an intruder. Just the wind. This is what I found. Holy hell. Thank goodness I have a spare.




The top picture was taken when the screws were still semi holding it onto the deck.


Like how my poor light is just hanging there. The thing turned inside out so the hook it is supposed to be hanging on is pointing up in the air. The light is hanging by the cord that was zip tied onto the frame.

What remained after I unhooked it from the deck railing and threw it over.
Funny thing is, last weekend Shawn was complaining that I put the top back on since the framework would need to be moved so we can refinish our deck. Well mother nature took care of that little problem for him!

6 comments:

zipbagofbones April 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

bummer of a wind fatality, that gazebo has been a part of the family.

Kat April 23, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Damn doood!

Bobby G April 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

OH SNAPS! I see you took my idea to heart =)

Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

So.. what you are saying then is that Sean cursed it? LOL!

So sorry that happened.
That wind must be damn strong!

Joanie April 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

With the wind that we've been having in PA, that would have happened here too. Is salvagable?

Pollyanna April 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

SHIT!

While I live in a sub-division, my house is in the back where they haven't finished building. I refer to my house as "The Red House on the Prairie" (yes, it really is red - friggin' cute too, but that's not the point).

When we built the house two years ago we had the porch wired for a ceiling fan. We haven't been able to enjoy that amenity because we haven't put one up yet. We have it. It's in a box. A not so near neighbor had one on their porch and all the blade got ripped off from the wind.

Sometimes when I open my front door, the wind comes rushing in and blows the attic access panel up.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP