Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kicks


Its widely known amongst my family that I have a shoe fetish (I have a sock thing too, owning hundreds of pairs, that's a different post). My sister in law would even say that I have an ugly shoe fetish, I prefer to call the shoes I buy trendy so we disagree. She has gone as far as calling me from the store and saying "hey I found some Shelly shoes" my reply is always "ugly huh? I'm sure I would love them". It has become a huge joke. Ha ha!
Its true, I love shoes, even ugly ones but growing up in a house with 5 kids and no disposable income I came by most of my shoes from the Payless sales rack. I was cool with that and as a matter of fact Payless is still one of my favorite shoe stores. Of course I have expanded my horizons a bit to include DSW. They have cheap shoes too. So, it is no surprise that never in my entire life have I ever spent more than $60 on a pair of shoes. Before my last pair of Avia's I had never spent more than $40. Until last week, when I ordered these beauties up and forked over my credit card number. I had a bit of sticker shock but I quickly closed my eyes and hit enter and these little beauties arrived today. Aren't they pretty!!! That's a statement not a question. I may never actually use them for what they are meant for, running, because I don't want to wear them outside and muck them up. Maybe they can just be really expensive house slippers.

11 comments:

Bobby G April 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

I just wanted to tell you My Digital Rebel XSI is for sale, $500 + shipping! No more! Oh Nice shoes! =)

Bobby G April 21, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Yes! I got the 18-55 Kit lens w vibe reduction an 8GB and 2 GB card, and a case...All directions & software etc...

Unknown April 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Oh I love socks and shoes. But I really love socks, they are fun.

njerzgal April 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Cool shoes! I only wear avia, the only ones that fit right.
I hate that first dirt mark on a new pair of sneakers. Ack!!

Reinvent Dad April 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

I bought my first pair of Cole Hann casual shoes a couple months back...I believe this was the first time since H.S. Basketball high tops that I (or my parents) spent on the northside of $100 for a pair of shoes. I'm slowly learning that you get what you pay for in shoes.

zipbagofbones April 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

they are so cute! i'm totally jealous, i need new running shoes. that weren't second hand. or falling apart. these are just sooo....white! i'm drooling

cheatymoon April 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

I've got a shoe issue as well... I think I may have those same Nikes. At the swanky running store in my town (where I got fitted for 'em), they were $100, but I got my pair (new) on ebay for $30. Super comfy. Now, if I could only run on a regular basis...

Kat April 22, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

I have a hard time NOT spending a lot of money on shoes. Call it a sickness.

Joanie April 22, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

I bought myself a pair of $100 Nike Shocks for working out. My daughter wears them to Planet Fitness becuase my toes get numb when I wear them. sigh.

Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

I totally love them!

I have a sock fettish..
mostly for white footies. LOL!
Sad, but true. I'm just not that colorful I guess :o)

Melissa Gephart April 22, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

oooh those are very pretty! I love shoes too, but not sneakers (or tennis shoes, or workout shoes, or whatever you want to call them). They make me feel like I'm walking around with cement on my feet. I love my flip flops, even in the winter. Oooh, now you have me looking at flip flops online....

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP