Monday, April 6, 2009

Why?


What in the hell? I want to know what kind of nation we live in where there can be multiple mass killings in a week and they have become so common place that people barely bat an eye.

What kind of society have we created that people treat violence like they are watching a movie? You cannot kill 13 people and yourself then hit the power button, reload the game and try again.

There has to be an end to this insanity. We as a nation need to stand up and start noticing what is going on around us. The neighbors of the man who shot all 5 of his children and later himself, said they heard him screaming at his children often and had called CPS several times. It makes me wonder what CPS found when they investigated.


Some blowhole was on CNN last night saying these things happen back to back because people see the coverage on television and it is easy to then see oneself in that scenario, killing random innocent people as a way to take control back of their life. Bullshit. Never once have I watched the coverage and thought hey I could pull that off. Every single time I see something so shocking and violent I get sad, then mad and I wonder what the hell went on in that killers mind.


We all as mankind need to stand together and stop allowing these things to happen. Stop romanticizing mayhem and murder on television, on the big screen and in video games. There is not reset button for real life.

6 comments:

Anonymous April 6, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Bobby G April 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

I just want to add....nothing....you said it all girl!

OhCaptain April 6, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Well said. Just remember, in our society, you would never show a woman nursing a baby on TV, that's way more offensive.

cheatymoon April 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Amen, sister.

cw2smom April 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I agree! Shocking, sad commentary on us as humans. I worked in a prison for 25 years and I NEVER, ever became numb to the violence that we humans do to one another. Appalling, senseless! Lisa

zipbagofbones April 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

sick, sick things going on - we can't do much about the earthquakes and floods, but the mass murders? that seems like somthing we should be able to control. great post!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP