Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Cross


Sticking with the cemetery picture theme of the week. I'm not sure why I like this one as much as I do but I really do like it. I am thinking it is because of the dense fog and the tree branches framing the top of the picture plus I am really interested in the old headstones.
When I was in fifth grade we did grave rubbings, I did my grandparents headstone. I'm not even sure if my Grandma's date of death was cut into it yet. I wonder what ever happened to the rubbing. Any idea Mom? You saved everything else we ever did! You all should see my Mom's filing cabinet. It is like a look back in time. Want to know how I did on a third grade spelling test? Look in the cabinet. She even kept every single award I ever got. Ya know, the paper ones with stars and stuff on them and the smelly sticker in the corner. I wonder if they still smell.
Anyway, I am getting way off track here.
Today should be the last day over at the hell house, errr I mean my Dad's house. We are hanging the last cupboard and the microwave. Yay us!!

8 comments:

Debbi March 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I like this one too, because, although the cross is the forefront of the picture, it is taken in a way that makes me look beyond and into the fog in the background. Past death.

Bobby G March 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

GREAT PIC! I cant wait to start taking more good pics like this!

Just Roaming The Cities March 12, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Maybe your into cemetary pics because Minnesota resembles a freakin cemetary with its weather as of late...

zipbagofbones March 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Love the shot - the fog is so spooky. YAY FOR THE LAST DAY IN HELL!!

Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Awesome photo!

You are quite the professional :o)

Unknown March 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

You are an amazing photographer! I love it! I think yesterday remains my favorite.

Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I adore walking through an old cemetery. The mistless fog sometimes present it an added +.

I bet mom saved them. ~Mary

Wendy March 13, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

The trick of perspective with the low hanging branch at the closest enhances the eerie quality by making it appear like a furtive insight. I like Debbi's comment about looking beyond the fog past death. Awesome pic!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP