Sunday, March 15, 2009

Irish For a Day






Yesterday was the annual St. Patty's day festivities here in my small town. We took the kids to the parade for the first time and I have to say it was some of the best people watching I have done in ages. This town takes their Irish heritage seriously and go all out with the dressing up and drinking like good little leprechauns.
The night time festivities are full of debauchery. Drinking, drinking and more drinking. Every resident older than 21 and several younger show up to cram themselves like sardines into the bars and pubs lining our main street. You can't breathe or move, it takes forever to get to the bar and forever and a day to get a drink. I'm not sure why I go back year after year but I haven't missed a year since we moved to this town. I am guessing I keep going because the things that are a pain in the ass about the celebration are the very things that make it so much fun!

4 comments:

Joanie March 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

My son turns 21 this St. Patrick's Day. That scares the Bejesus out of me! He's away at a school and in a fraternity.

rachael chatoor March 15, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Something about St Paddys day just makes everyone want to join in, even the non_Irish love this day.

I can't drink the Green beer they try and serve though, thats just wrong.

cheatymoon March 15, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Looks like fun!

Kat March 16, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

It looks like a ton of fun! I would totally torture myself with the crowds just for the atmosphere!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP