Wednesday, March 4, 2009

'Shroom



This should be the last of the water park pictures. I know you are all breathing a sigh of relief. I'm not, after this I don't know what I will post. I am for all intents and purposes out of pictures. Even the archives have run dry. This 100 pictures thing is much harder than I thought it would be but it has forced me to be a bit more creative than I normally am and that can't hurt anything. Right?

Sorry for the lack of words lately. I have been so disenchanted with the economy and several republicans openly calling for President Obama to fail. It makes me sick. If he fails, the federal government fails. Who would hope for that?

I couldn't take any more and since I cannot have the television on without obsessively checking CNN and MSNBC every few minutes I decided yesterday to tune out. I came home from dropping the children at school and didn't bother opening my laptop nor turning on the television. I instead picked up the seventh Harry Potter book with the intent of rereading it and actually digesting the meaning instead of speed reading the entire thing just to see how it all ends. I read the entire day away, made dinner, took Sky to dance and read into the night. I turned on my laptop long enough to check a few emails and a few must read blogs. I did sneak a peek at CNN long enough to see what the DOW was doing. Beyond that I cut myself off from all technology. I finished reading the book this morning and cleaned the girls room. The break did my heart good and I haven't once turned to CNN today.

Tomorrow if I am in the right frame of mind I will tell you all about the tattoo my sister got last weekend and all about the symbolism behind it. I will have to be in the right frame of mind though as the story includes the ghost of my stillborn son and it isn't a fun story to tell.

5 comments:

cheatymoon March 4, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Sometimes turning that stuff off is good for your soul. As is reading a book (especially that one - you're the second or third person I know who's re-read it recently - maybe I should too. I loved it so much).

Don't pressure yourself so much to blog or post photos. :-)

zipbagofbones March 4, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Good for you for tuning out and reading all day! I thought you read that book long ago! Or maybe I'm thinking of the last one.

Kat March 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I love days when I do nothing but read a good book. They are so few and far between. *le sigh*

Unknown March 4, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

I love the photo! I do not enjoy reading, but I at least try to read to the kids. Books with pictures work well for me.

cw2smom March 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Thanks for your virtual hug and the comment on my recent post! I am with ya on the news and politics! I try to avoid anything but just scanning the news on the computer. It works best for me and my tendency toward depression to just keep my head buried in the sand! Otherwise, I'd be seriously crazy! Looking foward to hearing about your sister's tattoo. I am sooo sorry for the loss of your son. Blessings, Lisa

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP