Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We now interupt this blog for real life






Last night Skylee had to speak at her schools program. I was so proud and I thought Shawn was going to burst open and a rainbow would shine out of his chest. The reason this is such a BIG ASS DEAL for us........until second grade this kid couldn't speak and be understood. She had such bad speech problems that no one outside of our family could understand a thing she said but there she was last night, clear as a bell!!
Unless you have a child with a speech impediment you have no idea how monumental this was for us as parents. Here is a girl that couldn't say the word cup standing up there speaking as if she has been doing it well her whole life. Yep, very proud Mommy!!

PS. I decided when they were in kindergarten that Sky would grow up and marry the little dude in the upper left hand corner wearing the glasses. How cute is he??

8 comments:

Kat March 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

I am so happy for her and you. It is amazing what kids can overcome.

Rob March 18, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Bravo! Happy she overcame this.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Very proud mommy = good mommy!

My nephew, Elliott, had speech problems so I get the idea - even thought I'm not his mother.

I'm so glad she's doing so well.
BTW she looks like her mommy!

rachael chatoor March 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Brought tears to my eyes, as a parent I understand the reference to the rainbow bursting out of your chest. I am so happy for you that this challenge for her has been overcome! xoxo

zipbagofbones March 18, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

YAY SKYLEE! what was the program for?

Unknown March 18, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Yay Skylee!! My daughter has major speech problems to, so I understand where you are coming from! Boo is 6 and still speaks a lot of baby babble. Her program is tomorrow night, the are going to sing songs about the Ocean.

cheatymoon March 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Adorable photos. I have a student with a significant speech issue - it is amazing when he is making progress.
You must have been so thrilled to see her up there.

Wendy March 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

I go all rainbow-chesty any time my kids do anything, in public or otherwise for the most part, so I can only imagine how proud x 5,938,992,502 you must be! Well done to you all.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP