Thursday, March 19, 2009

A thank you and split ends


First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for all your wonderful comments yesterday. It was very sweet of all of you! She has really come out of her shell lately and its really great to see.
Shawn was finally cleared to go back to work starting Monday. Yay! Kinda. I have had him home every single day with me since the end of October. I am really going to miss him and I imagine I will be really lonely. It has been so awesome spending time with him plus he has taken over the laundry. I don't want the laundry back. I have forgotten how to turn on the washing machine! Who will vacuum up after his dog? I am accustomed to not having to do it all by myself. I don't want to do it by myself again but I do want more money so its a sacrifice I will have to make.
Since he is going back to work he is in a much better mood than he has been the last few weeks. This morning I was bitching about my split ends and he told me to go get it cut, get out. I was thinking he was being super sweet. Turns out he wants to watch basketball and doesn't want me home nagging. Wouldn't you just know it though. The only salon I will go to is closed. I think my stylist may be on maternity leave. I need to figure something out though because I am considering breaking out the clippers and buzzing my head. I can't take these split ends anymore.
Who is watching Idol? I am so glad the judges didn't waste the save on that girl!
Oh, back to little Miss Sky. Yesterday she participated in Jump Rope For Heart. I went and watched for a bit. It was really cute to see all those kids so enthused. Of course it is a fund raiser and she is one motivated girl. She hit all the neighbors up and ended up doing really well raising money. Some friends of ours have a son that fund raised too. He had 5 people donate a buck a piece. What is up with that? I know the economy is bad but come on. These kids get really sad about stuff like that.
I think that is it for today. Its almost the weekend people!

5 comments:

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

I love how excited you sounded in that post.

I got my hair cut the other night because I was about to break out the clippers.. and I didn't plan to use them on Karen or the cats. ha ha ha!

Love your photo.

Love the story about jumping rope for funds.

Have an awesome, awesome day!
I'm happy for you both that your hubby goes back to work.

zipbagofbones March 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

can't wait to see the new hair! i think its time to shave the dog again now that hes going back to work :)

Kat March 19, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

We used to have a jump-a-thon when I was in elementary school. It was a lot of fun. Hope she has a blast.

Debbi March 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

my most embarassing story is the result of a jump-a-thon. I should blog it. You'll laugh.

cheatymoon March 19, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

There's a lot to be said about a domesticated man.

Am watching Idol here. I like Danny.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP