Monday, March 9, 2009

Painted

Look at those claws! Good thing he is gentle with them, Blade left scars on my hand with his.

Turtle in the dark lol

She was to far away apparently, he needed a closer look.
This is the shot that got away. They were so cute together but I just couldn't get the lighting right.
So I have been bitching and moaning about my lack of post-able photos, I even went so far as to go out and buy an orchid. My plan this week was to post a photo every day of what I took of the orchid. I did end up with some decent shots. I didn't think they were that good and hadn't planned to share them at all until I looked at Etsy to get some ideas on how I could change my shots up a bit. I must be getting way to picky because the ones I thought were shit were much better than most of them posted for sale. Score me!
Anyway, again I ramble. The babies were super active yesterday and every time I went near the tank Turts would smack into the side trying to get at me, that's code for get me out of here and pay me some attention. I got them both out and played with them a bit before I decided they are so damned cute and I can't possibly keep all that cuteness to myself. Out came the camera. I originally planned to hold them and have Shawn take the pictures. This is where it comes in to play that not all people are good behind the camera. His shots were all dark and blurry and I thought the opportunity was lost but I talked the teenager into holding the babies and I got behind the camera.
These two are such hams! Turts is on the left. Notice how his head is out more than hers? He is in love with her and has to have his eyes on her every second, if he looses sight of her he panics. I know those who aren't turtle obsessed won't get this but turtle have huge personalities and yes they are even trainable.
So I have all the orchid pics and all the turtle pics and then God smiled on my even more and made it so foggy this morning that you can't see more than 50 feet in front of you. Of course I took the gift that was given and ran with it. Ran straight to the graveyard. A graveyard on a foggy morning is creepy. Creepy with a capital C. Dense fog and black crows makes for a horror movie. I got some amazing shots if I do say so myself. Shawn disagrees but after seeing what he did with the turtles yesterday I don't trust his tastes in photography at all anymore.
Be prepared to be creeped out tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kat March 9, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I love turtles. I am totally not above stopping on the side of the road and rescuing them from the middle of the road. Yes, I am nuts.

zipbagofbones March 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Aw, your kids are so cute! Seriously, I'm suprised you haven't given birth to a reptile. You've got to be part turtle.

Can't wait to see the creepy pics!

Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

A turtle in the dark = lights are on, but no one's home. hee hee!

I love turtles!

Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Awesome photos, by the way.

And now I'll stop stalking you. ha ha ha!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP