Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The day she cried and ran away


In spite of what the calendar says it definitely is not spring in Minnesota. I am thinking it may warm up around the 4th of July. It snowed a bit over night. Northern Minnesota had a massive ice storm that is forecasted to leave up to an inch of ice in its wake. It is cold and shitty.

This is the suckiest spring break I can remember the kids having. They haven't left the house because of the rain, now the cold.

I should just turn this blog into a weather update blog. In Minnesota the weather controls every one's lives. It really is ridiculous and seems its all people talk about. "Nice day today huh? Is it warm enough for you? Just wait until August when we are complaining about the heat. It could be worse." Yeah it could be worse but I'm tired of worse and no I won't bitch in August. I will plant my ass on the deck under the umbrella and soak up enough warmth to get me half way through January. Then all bets are off again.

At least we are getting some spring cleaning done during the kids break. Who am I kidding? I have cleaned the kitchen several times a day, vacuumed at least a hundred times and picked up enough books to make a library jealous. Basically all I have done is followed 3 kids and a teenager around the house making threats and begging them to please cut me a break and clean up after themselves. I have told the teenager 4 times already to put the syrup and butter away after he made waffles. I wonder if losing his phone will entice him? Hmmmm. I would take the computer away but I spent an hour this morning trying to wipe away the viruses he installed last night. He has already lost that sucker.
I was thinking of running away but I would have to come back at some point and then I would really have a mess to clean.

6 comments:

Bobby G March 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

GOD! that sucks! In MI, atleast its in the 50s today, albeit rainy...

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

When I want to run away..
I go swimming.. alone.

What gets me is when it's pouring out, someone will come inside soaked.. and some "genius" will say "did you get wet?"
doh!

Elle Charlie March 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

I think you are so right that in MN the weather controls everything! I'm on Facebook and people have commented that all I ever update about is the weather. It's true! I am obsessed with it. It seems to control everything, and these past few dreary, rainy days have been so disappointing.

Debbi March 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

yep, it's the same in Canada. weather controls sooo much. LAME.

I am ready for spring. I don't even need summer heat or beaches or anything--

just a few sprouts of leaves and some drying grass, and I'll be a happy camper.

cheatymoon March 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Taking the phone usually works in my house.

The weather here is none too good either.

hang in there..

Jeanne Estridge March 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

One of my favorite overheard conversations ever was in the ladies' room at the Perkins in West St. Paul. I heard a waitress saying, "I don't mind warm weather, but when it gets up to eighty, that's just too hot for me."

We'd just escaped mid-nineties in southern Ohio....

Spring will be here soon -- even in Mn!

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP