Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chantix Diary Day 1

So I am all of a few hours into taking the Chantix and literally feel like I am swimming in fog.
I am weepy and cranky and paranoid as hell. Since I only joke about being paranoid this is unusual for me. Like I am thinking about sweeping my house for bugs paranoid. Crankiness is usual for me. That's my MO but the weepiness IS NOT! I am not a crier AT ALL. I think crying is for sissies and babies and unless shit is really fucked I just don't do it.
So that is where we stand. I tried Prozac once and this feels exactly like that did. I plan to give it a day or 2 and see what happens but judging by today I would rather just quit cold turkey.
I warned Shawn to hold onto his hat, this may be a bumpy ride.
I will update later if this shit warrants it.
oh shiznit, I forgot to mention the fidgeting and vague itchiness.
There a few comments saying I'm not supposed to quit smoking on the first day. I'm not sure where you guys got the idea I did. I am still smoking. This feeling like shit thing comes purely from taking the chantix.

7 comments:

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

That's exactly what I was talking about. My coworkers went through that shit when they took chantix.

I'm sorry you are suffering.

Kat January 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

They did tell you to keep smoking for the first week right? Cause you aren't supposed to stop smoking the first day, you have to let the meds get into your system.

Cameron January 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

No, No.....you gotta give it time, more than a day. It takes a full week just to build up in your system.

You're going to be much more successful with an aide versus alone. Give the pill some time to work.

As for the side effects, I really didn't experience any except for a little bit of nausea and some weird dreams.

zipbagofbones January 13, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

You're not being paranoid, man! They're out to get you and they're EVERYWHERE! Nothing is safe. Secure a phone line immediately. They're watching you man, and they're listening.

Julie January 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Ugh.

You are not paranoid -- the universe is against you...it's very cold there right now, isn't it? You think that's just a coincidence?

Sorry it's so crappy for you...I know nothing about Chantix. Not a smoker. If they come out with a version of Chantix that weans you off potato chips and chocolate, though, I will be all over that shit.

Unknown January 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Ok, don't quit smoking yet. Give it a few days and if you still feel like this, go back to your doctor and ask for something else. It sounds like your dosage needs to be adjusted.

Jeanne Estridge January 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

No medical advice (even though I work in a clinic, I know doo-wah about medicine), but good luck. It sounds pretty unpleasant.

Your picture, below, of the barn in the snowstorm is blow-up-and-hang-over-the-mantle gorgeous!

Thanks for coming to visit, and for becoming a follower!

I'm rooting for you, chicke (that's my verification word, I'm not just being over-familiar).

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP