Sunday, January 11, 2009

Emo Dog Pierces Nose

I rarely talk about my husbands dog here because she is really a sore spot between he and I. I think she is dumb and messy and her fur everywhere pisses me off. If you have ever lived with a lab you know that the copious amounts of hair everywhere is quite difficult to live with. Try being allergic to long haired dogs and it becomes hellish to live with a lab. Have I mentioned how stupid she is? She is the stereotypical dumb blond of dogs. I really have no use for her and it is sad because it isn't her fault she is dumber than a box of rocks and sheds like mad.
I get fed up with all the fur everywhere from time to time and in a fed up rage decide she needs shaved. I tried it at home once and ruined a pair of clippers so I decided to take her to the groomers one day. The groomer ended up causing a hot spot that nearly killed the dog this spring. Briefly I felt empathy for her and babied her for a few months. Big fucking mistake. Now she thinks she can do what she wants around here including taking over the family room furniture and covering it with fur.
This morning she was being typical bad dog and went poking around in Shawn's fishing supplies. The result is what you see in the photo above. She ended up with a neon green fish hook stuck in the soft part of her nostril. She won't hold still and it can't be fully removed. Shawn said it will rust and come out. I think the rust will kill her so tomorrow will be the argument if we should or shouldn't take her to the vet and have it removed. We can't afford it with Shawn being laid off but I can't watch the stupid bitch be in pain either. I will probably win the argument and then a new one will start over why in the hell we have the worlds dumbest dog. I know the answer already, because my husband is about as bright as his so called hunting dog.

9 comments:

rachael chatoor January 11, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Ohhh poor puppy, I had a lab too, just lost him this December. Trust me, 11 years of Lab hair in EVERYTHING, I know your pain.

Hopefully the fish hook will work its way out, silly dog. Vet bills are truly brutal. My dog had knee surgery to the tune of 6 grand.

Yes, my dog cost me almost the price of a small cheap car.

You would think that with his expensive new knees he could at least pulled me around in a cart of something.

tony January 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

The Dog Might Be Dumb But That Piercing Look Quite Fashionable.

zipbagofbones January 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Stupid emo dog. She just did it to get your attention. She's probably huffing chemicals when you're not around, too. Hoping to get caught. It's a cry for help. She can't grow bangs, so this is the best she can do. Be on the lookout for self-inflicted cigarette burns on her forearm(s).

It actually looks pretty cool!

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I'm allergic to dogs so I have no use for them. Which is sad because some dogs are cute and smart.

Chris January 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

So what happened with Emo Dog? Is she still sportin' the nose ring?

I have a german shephard so I totally understand the hair frustration. My dog's just lucky she's smart and makes me feel safe when hubby's gone or she'd be living outside.

Anonymous August 26, 2009 at 3:36 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous February 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM  

JD got some issues. The woman clearly cares about the dog.

Anonymous February 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM  

JD got some issues. The woman clearly cares about the dog.

Michelle February 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM  

I have to laugh that this post is years old and still gets comments. I have softened to the dog. I not only tolerate her, I mostly like her and would almost dare say I actually love her. I lost the vet argument and it rusted out. The rust did not kill her.

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP