Friday, January 16, 2009

Chantix Diary Day 4

Tonight I start taking the pills in the evening as well as the morning so I will be on the full therapeutic dose. We shall see how it goes from there.
I have noticed a few things I'd like to note here for future reference. If I take the pill closer to noon the side effects don't kick my ass as bad. I was busy this morning and didn't take the pill until 1 pm. I had no ill side effects at all today. No brain fog or stomach ache. I was super crabby but I blame that on my husband who lives to push my buttons and roll the dice to see if he can make it through the day without a butcher knife sticking out of his back.
I also noticed that most of the times I smoked today I felt like I was smoking out of habit and boredom instead of real want or need. If I didn't think about it I could go hours without smoking. I have been really paying attention the last few days to the triggers that make me want to smoke. Number one is whenever Shawn opens his mouth and says something stupid, it instantly sends me running down the stairs to smoke just so I don't beat him to a pulp. Other triggers are eating, talking on the phone, getting in the car after shopping. So, shit I still have to do every day and can't cut out even to get through the next few weeks. Any of you quitters (winners!) have any suggestions for me? Something I can keep in my car, bathroom, office, living room and every where else any of these triggers may occur? What worked for you?

2 comments:

Cameron January 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

It's about keeping busy. You say food is a trigger, but you can only smoke if you quit eating ;) So just keep on eating. Seriously, I chew the shit out of sunflower seeds, a year later even. And I really did exchange cigarettes for food initially, and yes I gained weight, but it helped me quit. Keep your hands busy also.

A wise (actually he's a dumbass but this really worked) man once told me, "If you feel the need to smoke, wait five minutes. Chances are you'll get preoccupied and won't smoke." It actually works. I think you'll find that in a few more days, you'll set a final date, just because it won't taste good anymore. I think I told you this before, but when you do quit, throw out the ashtrays, lighters, and all cigarettes. Make sure to soak them in water or destroy them so you can't dig em out of the trash.

Irish Gumbo January 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Triggers, hmm...try getting rid of the car, the phone, Shawn, food...wait, that's not going to work. Ah, just carry a baseball bat and an airhorn: everytime you come across a trigger, take a swing or give it a blast! (but you didn;t hear that from me) :)

Good luck with that. My Moms did the Chantix thing , it just took some concentration. (And thank you for the follow. I like the hibiscus!)

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP