Monday, January 19, 2009

Chantix Diary

So I am done taking Chantix. What a horrible experience.

I spoke with the pharmacist this morning. She explained that although the side effects I have been experiencing are documented as known side effects they aren't by any means usual. She said the drug is definitely not for me. I need to see my doctor because the side effects I am experiencing may not go away without treatment. In other words the depression and anxiety may linger. That part really pisses me off. I didn't even take this drug an entire week and it may have lasting effects. My conclusion is Chantix is dangerous and should be monitored a bit better.



For the person who suggested I google FDA and Chantix thank you! I found a ton of info that was very useful and very scary. To the person who lost their daughter I am so very sorry. Thank you for sharing her story.



Chris I read Sky your comment for her. She thought it was very cool and ran off to tell her siblings that she got her very own comment! Thanks for that.

For the rest of you, thanks for bearing with me this last week. Hopefully the side effects will soon subside and I will be back to blowing sunshine up all your asses very soon! :)



EDIT: I did a google search on why Chantix was making me itch to make sure it didn't have anything to do with my liver. Here is something interesting I found.
http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-quitsmoking&tid=57502

2 comments:

Chris January 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Oh man! I'm glad you've decided to stop taking the drug. I hope the side effects go away immediately. I know what it's like to feel out of your mind from drugs. Lupron did the same thing to me.

Myshka January 20, 2009 at 6:31 AM  

Thank F*CK for that. Can you imagine if you didn't listen to your body and just kept taking it, like so many other people? Good for you- it means you're tough and you'll be able to quit. You can try cold turkey, but it's not for everyone (I did that, but substituted alcohol, haha).

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP