Sunday, January 4, 2009

Poker Sucks




At one point Shawn and I were very much into playing texas hold 'em. I am embarrassed to admit how much time, money and energy we spent on playing that damn game. When our built in baby sitter, aka oldest son moved out we decided it wasn't really even worth paying a sitter to play and quite frankly we were burnt out on the donkey players in our league among other things. So, I quite directing tournaments, we stopped playing and life became so much calmer and devoid of jackass people in our lives. Until recently when our built in babysitter moved back.
After a year and a half we had forgot about the donkey players and the rude fucking people who plague or league. We jumped back in last Sunday night. Sitting at the table I did a few eeeyaaa's when some jack ass would play like a donkey. All in great fun. Then there were the people who got pissed when they were taken out by much better cards than they had. I heard a ton of "I can't believe you played that". Really jackass? I mean some of these people have been playing in the league for 3 plus years. They still don't realize they aren't in Vegas at the WSOP. That night on our way home I looked at hubby and told him all of that bullshit is exactly why I stopped playing. Too late though. We had already accepted an invitation to a home game last night. Don't get me wrong. Shawn is great friends with the hosts of the game. I honestly like most of the people who played there last night. They are among the best of the players I have ever played against BUT there were some donkeys there too and some flat out bitches and cocksuckers. Eventually I was knocked out of the game and hey you all know me. I don't pass up and opportunity to take photos. Immediately people are bitching about the flash. Suck it fuckers I wanted to say but I didn't. Then I hear Jesus Christ, enough is enough. Are you fucking kidding me you uppity old bitch. My tiny little flash is worthy of you breaking out the JC? About 2 minutes after that I gave Shawn the look and quickly exited stage left. Some people are such jack fucks. I don't plan on playing again anytime soon. People piss me right the fuck off! EEEEYAAAA!

6 comments:

Kat January 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I don't know if I could have been graceful enough to just give "the look" to the hubby. I am more of an open my mouth and let them know what is on my mind type of girl. Kudos for self restraint.

Julie January 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

I think the jackass to people I can tolerate ratio is about 10 million to one, judging by how much people make me cranky.

Yeah, Jack is handsome. I guess I really didn't notice because mostly what you notice when you meet Jack is how completely gay he is. Jack is great...he's very funny and sarcastic and a really good listener and just a great pal. Plus he and his partner do dumb things and then tell me about it. Which is one of my favorite things in a friend.

Anonymous January 4, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

well from the photo it looked like a bunch of oldies..LOL I cannot believe people would bitch about the flash of a camera playing poker. Those people need to get a fricken life!!!

bernthis January 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

Run, don't walk. Life is too short.

rachael chatoor January 5, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

I think its time for a new hobby. :)

Bobby G January 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

why are you guys playing w/ Jason from Friday the 13th w/ a camo face mask?

Crazy People With Something to Say



Powered by Blogger.

People's Choice Award

People's Choice Award

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
I am Mom to 4 of the most kick ass kids ever! I learn shenanigans from them every day.

Followers

Twitterpated

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    uggs on sale

    Search This Blog

    Labels

    About This Blog

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP